DETAILS ON THIS JOB OPENING:
Can you imagine a world where smart assets and big data collaborate to put
information where you want it, when you need it? Tego, Inc. is pushing the
bounds of RFID technology into the realms of high-function, high-memory
“smart assets”. Our chip designs are already having an impact in major aerospace
and healthcare organizations, and our software initiatives are poised to take the
world to the next level of interconnectedness. We need talented, dynamic people
who are ready to work for an energetic startup company as part of our team of
world-class semiconductor and software engineers. If you love to code and are
passionate about great design and great architecture, we want to talk to you.
Right now we need a senior software developer and architect with a proven track
record of delivering successful products. This person must be able to develop and
architect efficient systems from the top down and deliver structured, well-tested
code that solves real-world problems.
• Develop and maintain software product features.
• Know your way around our chip functionality so that software can make the
best use of those features.
• Work to improve hardware/software partitioning and participate in defining
new hardware features.
• Write good unit, functional and integration tests. Participate in the
development of holistic verification methodologies.
• Learn and understand customer business processes and problems. Define
new products or features in terms of functional requirements.
• Develop new product architectures in sync with the product roadmap.
• Document and articulate architecture requirements; defend and maintain the
architecture in the code.
• A dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment where your opinion
matters and your ideas become new products.
• The opportunity to work with an innovative group of talented people at a
fast-growing startup company that is making a difference.
• Competitive compensation and great benefits including the opportunity
• A friendly, informal, productive work environment conveniently located
off Rte. 128 in Waltham, MA.
• A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Roughly 10 years
development experience and some project leadership experience.
• Excellent coding skills, mastery of object-oriented design, and solid
understanding of architecture principles. The ability to master any
technology, language, or development environment when needed.
• Able to design and implement new functionality based on high level
• Strong knowledge of version control, release processes, software
development processes, test automation.
• Proactive, positive approach to work. Desire to work in a fast-paced
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Ability/willingness to work in our Waltham office.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB:
The successful candidate:
• Is a productive and efficient coder who writes quickly while adhering to the
• Likes and respects C++, C#, Java; understands the CLR and JVM; is
comfortable with perl/ruby/python/etc; absolutely fluent in at least one
• Understands what a good API looks like and how to design one. Knows the
cost of a bad API.
• Communicates effectively, collaborates well, seeks challenges. Can sketch a
software architecture, describe its value to non-coders, use UML diagrams
effectively and create a usable architecture document.
• Enjoys his work; gets stuff done.